To qualify for an Equity Grant, applicants must have completed the following:
- Applied for a City of Oakland Cannabis permit; the permit does not have to be issued for an applicant to apply for an Equity Grant.
To apply for a City of Oakland Cannabis Permit, start here: https://www.oaklandca.gov/topics/cannabis-permit-process-step-by-step
- Received an email from the Special Activity Permits Division verifying the Grant Applicant’s equity status.
To obtain your equity status confirmation email, please contact email@example.com.
- Identified a location to operate the cannabis business for which they are applying for a Grant, and received a City of Oakland cannabis permit inspection card for this identified site.
To obtain your permit inspection card for your identified site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The equity qualified individual(s) of the Grant Applicant have enrolled in GRASS business coaching found here and completed and received a certificate from the Oaksterdam Financial Literacy Course found here.
- Completed a business plan, 12-month monthly financial projections, and a use of proceeds statement.
Click here for sample business plan questions
Click here for sample financial projections
Click here for sample budget/use of proceeds statement
- Secured access to a checking account or means by which to cash a check from the City of Oakland for the Grant amount.
- Completed additional Tier-specific requirements found here