To qualify for an Equity Grant, applicants must have completed the following:
- Applied for a City of Oakland Cannabis permit; the permit does not have to be issued for an applicant to apply for an Equity Grant.
To apply for a City of Oakland Cannabis Permit, start here: https://www.oaklandca.gov/topics/cannabis-permit-process-step-by-step
- Received an email from the City Administrator’s Office verifying the Grant Applicant’s equity status.
To obtain your equity status confirmation email, please contact email@example.com.
- Identified a location to operate the cannabis business for which they are applying for a Grant, and received a City of Oakland cannabis permit inspection card for this identified site.
To obtain your permit inspection card for your identified site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The equity qualified individual(s) of the Grant Applicant have completed and received a certificate from the Make Green Go’s entrepreneurship training course.
To register for your Make Green Go entrepreneurship training course, visit https://makegreengo.thinkific.com/collections.
- Completed a business plan, 12-month monthly financial projections, and a use of proceeds statement.
If you don’t have these materials, Make Green Go’s entrepreneurship course can assist; please contact Make Green Go for assistance as needed at https://makegreengo.thinkific.com/collections.
- Secured access to a checking account or means by which to cash a check from the City of Oakland for the Grant amount.
- Completed additional Tier-specific requirements found here